Seeking Part-Time Youth Minister
Saint Therese of Lisieux Parish, Munhall, PA, is seeking a part-time Youth Minister (8 - 10 hours per week) to serve the spiritual needs of approximately 200 high school youth. The program is geared around the 7:00 p.m. Mass on Sunday.
Send resume to Rev. Terrence P. O’Connor, Pastor, at above address or email email@example.com.
Serve the high school youth through prayer, study, retreats, service projects, social events, fundraising, and trips/pilgrimages. The Youth Minister is not responsible for the established middle school ministry, entitled S.O.S., but is expected to have some contact with them to help with their transition to high school youth ministry. This contact includes attending some of the S.O.S. events (usually held at 6 p.m. on Sunday) as well as occasionally visiting the 8th grade school and CCD students. There are approximately 150 middle school students.
- Strong adult faith-formation and ability to convey the faith. A college degree and/or certification in youth ministry or theology is preferred but not required
- Excited about the faith
- Excellent recruiter of youth, dynamic personality in terms of attracting youth
- A love for youth and able to relate well with them, in touch with the times
- Collaborative with priests, staff, parents, and parishioners. Able to attend monthly staff meetings or be present via conference call.
- Computer and internet savvy
- Available to work primarily on Sunday evenings or occasional Saturday evenings.
- Licensed driver with clean record and access to vehicle for youth events
- Willingness to complete Diocesan Safe Environment Policy
- Salary is commensurate with qualifications
Faith Day with the Pittsburgh Pirates! Recently St. Therese Youth Ministry teamed with St. Joan of Arc Youth Group for a fun and faith-filled game. After the game many of the Pirates stayed to give witness talks about the importance of their faith in their lives.
Youth Ministry is for all youth in grades 9-12 at St.Therese Parish. Meetings are generally held Sunday evenings from 8-9:30 PM. The youth do outreach within the parish (gardening days for our shut-ins, shopping for Christmas outreach) as well as participate in fundraisers for their trips.