Ladies of Charity
Ladies of Charity minister in the spirit of humility, simplicity and charity always mindful of the words of their founder, St. Vincent DePaul, to “See Christ in those we serve” as we strive to live by our motto: “To serve rather than be served.”
- The Ladies of Charity are the quiet hands of Christ in our parish. They
- hold monthly meetings to plan outreach within the community
- help at the anointing Masses at church
- send cards and visit shut-ins
- perform errands
- escort people to the doctors
- deliver Christmas gifts to shut-ins
- pray the rosary every Monday at Eldercrest
- handle emergency calls for food, clothing
- help at the food bank
At St. Therese we are also open to new ideas to reach out to others in love and charity.
We meet the first Wednesday of every month, in the Rectory Meeting Room, alternating evening and day meetings. Our next meeting is:
Wednesday, November 7 at 1:00 PM
During these meetings we share what we have done in ministry and also make plans for future activities. We pray that you “come and see” what it means to be a Lady of Charity. If you have any questions, please call Lori at 412-462-8161 or email email@example.com.
Our Current project is: Christmas Gifts to our Shut ins
The Angel Tree will go up in November to collect for our shutins. Thank you for your generosity.