Policies and Procedures
Saint Therese CCD Policies and Procedures
2017 – 2018
- CCD classes are from 10:00 – 11:30 (Saturday – Grades 1 -5) and 6:00 – 7:30 (Tuesdays – Grades 6 – 8). Your child needs to be in the building by the start time, so please drop them off prior to that time.
- Children must only exit the car on the passenger side to ensure their safety. There is only one lane for traffic in front of the school; unfortunately, a car will occasionally pass the car that is stopped in front of the school.
- Dismissal – Parents must park their cars and walk to the front of the school to meet their child. It is too dangerous for your child (regardless of their age) to walk to your car through the parking lot. Please be on time to pick up your child. It is not fair to your child or to your child’s teacher, who is volunteering a lot of their time, to have to wait for you.
- Registration forms must be turned in with your child on the first day that they attend CCD. It is crucial that we have updated information on your child at all times.
- Attendance – Weekly attendance is expected. Every class is important. Please do whatever is necessary to keep class times clear of other activities. Religious Education is simply too important. If you know in advance that your child is going to be absent, please send in a note or call me at 412-462-8162 (which is now the number for the Religious Education office) or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Parents are asked to call the office at 412-462-8162 prior to class time when a student will be absent without prior notice.
- Notes Sent Home – Please check your child’s folder and/or ask them after every class if they were given any paperwork to take home.
- Email addresses – This year we are going to start to rely heavily on emails as our way of communicating. Please be diligent about checking the email address that you give us on the registration form. If you do not have an email address or if your preference is to continue to receive paper notes, we will be most happy to do that for you – just let me know.
- At any time, if you have any questions or concerns, please contact Judy Konopka at 412-464-9530, 412-462-8162, 412-334-9204 or email@example.com.