Welcome to St. Therese of Lisieux Parish! I am happy that you are seeking to learn more about us. All are invited to become a part of our wonderful parish family. May our amazing patroness, St. Therese of Lisieux, continue to shower us all with her heavenly roses.
If we can be of any further assistance, please feel free to contact us.
Fr. Terry O’Connor
Daily Masses 6:30 and 8:15 a.m. (Monday – Friday)
Saturday (Anticipated Mass) 4:00 p.m.
Sunday 8:00, 9:30, 11:00 a.m. and 7:00 p.m.
Holy Day Masses (Anticipated Mass) 6:00 p.m., 6:30, 8:15, a.m., 12:15 and 7:00 p.m.
Jesus Christ in the Eucharist is the heart of our parish family.
We strengthen our Catholic Faith through the sacraments, prayer, and education.
Inspired by the Holy Spirit, we joyfully announce the Good News through our words and actions.
Following the example of St. Therese of Lisieux, we strive to do ordinary things with extraordinary love.
Vatican website – www.vatican.va
United States Conference of Catholic Bishops – www.usccb.org
Diocese of Pittsburgh – www.diopitt.org
EWTN – www.ewtn.com
Word on Fire – www.wordonfire.org
The Ascension of our Lord is a Holy Day of Obligation
Masses: Wednesday, May 24 – 6:00 PM
Thursday, May 25 – 6:30 AM, 8:15 AM, 12:15 PM, 7:00 PM
On Mission for the Church Alive!
We need your feedback!
Proposed Parish Grouping #228
St. Maximilian Kolbe, Resurrection, St. Rita, and St. Therese of Lisieux
2,000 weekly Mass goers (2016)
Campuses: Priests assigned:
Current: 4 Current 3.5
Proposed 1 2018 2
End state (approx.. 2025) 1
The above proposed grouping has been refined since the preliminary draft model that was shared last fall. Additional refinement of groupings will take place based on your feedback. Please keep in mind that no decisions have been made.
The above proposal calls for all four parishes to become one parish with one campus. One campus has now been proposed due to such factors as: creating a parish that is The Church Alive! (care of souls, staff, programs, facilities), work of evangelization (spreading the Good News of Jesus), much lower costs in having one campus, total number of weekly Mass goers, travel distance between parishes, priest shortage, one site brings unity, and capability of existing facilities. In 2018, two priests will be assigned and only one will be assigned at the end state (app. 2025). Assignment of priests has largely to do with projected declining numbers over time (see below).
Spring of 2018 – Bishop Zubik will announce all priest and deacon assignments along with final parish groupings and number of Masses.
Fall of 2018 – Implementation begins with parishes organized in three categories. Clergy assignments will be effective at this time.
- Category A will include parishes that will come together within 1 year of the announcement due to serious financial or demographic issues or because they have indicated a readiness to proceed.
- Category B will include the majority of parishes. They will come together in 1 – 3 years of the announcement.
- Category C will include larger parishes. They will come together in 3 – 5 years of the announcement.Please note, parish groupings will be assigned to categories at the time the final decisions are announced. Pastors of the new parish groupings will be given blueprints, guidelines to assist in bringing parishes together that will include things like: how the staff can best serve the needs of the parish grouping, a process for combining parish pastoral and finance councils, development of common ministry programs, and a timeline for creating the new parish. Blueprints will allow the pastor to evaluate the needs of the parishes, build relationships with parishioners and customize plans to the local situation. Current number of diocesan priests: 211 2025: 80-90
- Survey – On Mission For the Church Alive! The diocese now wants to hear from you. Please take time to answer the following survey that will assist the On Mission Commission and Bishop Zubik in finalizing the parish groupings. Surveys are in the bulletins this week or answer the survey online at ttps://www.surveymonkey.com/r/onmissionresponsetherese.
- ALL surveys are due into the rectory or online by Tuesday, May 30, 2017. You are welcome to place your completed survey in the collection basket.
- All other parish groupings in the diocese can be found at www.diopitt.org.
Thank you for taking time to complete the survey,
We invite you to celebrate with us!
May you always remain close to Jesus!
Congratulations! Confirmation Class 2017
May you always be open to the guidance of the Holy Spirit!